The pepper world takes its hotness seriously. Each year, new varieties are being planted and cultivated to come up with the hottest peppers in the world. It’s more than just a contest to farmers and scientists; it is really a quest to round up the hottest and fieriest pepper species in the planet. These peppers are tested, checked and measured in terms of their spiciness using scientific methods. In fact, a standard of measurement called the Scoville Scale, was developed to measure the hotness of peppers. The peppers are then ranked based on SHU or Scoville Hotness Unit.
You might also like
- Forget the Game, Check These 13 Hottest Sideline Reporters
- 12 Hottest Wags of All Time That Top Them All
- 10 Hottest Peppers in the World According to Scientists
- 7 Hottest Selfies of Celebrities That Will Make Guys Sweat
- 7 Hottest Latinas Who Have Made a Big Name in Show Business
- Top 10 in the Hottest Pepper Scale # 1 is Crazy Hot!