The pepper world takes its hotness seriously. Each year, new varieties are being planted and cultivated to come up with the hottest peppers in the world. It’s more than just a contest to farmers and scientists; it is really a quest to round up the hottest and fieriest pepper species in the planet. These peppers are tested, checked and measured in terms of their spiciness using scientific methods. In fact, a standard of measurement called the Scoville Scale, was developed to measure the hotness of peppers. The peppers are then ranked based on SHU or Scoville Hotness Unit.
You might also like
- 10 Notable Mentions in the Hottest Pepper Chart
- 7 of the Hottest MILFs in Hollywood Men Would Certainly Want to F***!
- 7 Hottest Female Athletes of All Time
- 20 Hottest Actresses You Wish Were Your Wife
- Top 10 in the Hottest Pepper Scale # 1 is Crazy Hot!
- These 15 Hottest WNBA Players are Totally Jaw-Dropping